The objective of the CESD, where experts from various units and disciplines work, is to conduct inter-disciplinary education and research activities at the local, regional and global level on energy issues relevant to Turkey and its environs, and to share the information, commentary and analyses that are the outcome of these activities with the national and international public and thus to contribute to sustainable development. Thanks to the Center, education and research activities conducted at Kadir Has University in the field of energy will be strengthened and work of international standards will be carried out, leading to a broadening of the scope and nature of education and research activities in the field of energy. The Center will also contribute to the education of the human resources necessary to solve the various energy problems faced in the 21st century.
According to the Regulations of the Center published in the Official Gazette dated 24.03. 2015 and numbered 29305, its areas of activity are as follows:
- Contributing to and improving the ongoing courses and research being conducted in the field of energy systems engineering and related departments at the University.
- Starting, coordinating and ensuring the flow of inter-disciplinary research activities in the field of energy by using the present research potential in different departments of the University.
- Launching and conducting inter-disciplinary graduate education in the field of energy at Master’s and PhD levels in coordination with different units of the University.
- Organizing education programs, short courses, certificate programs, workshops seminars, conferences and congresses in the field of energy, developing and guiding research and consultancy projects, and developing collaboration and synergy with stakeholders from within and without the University.
- Following the national and international developments and calls for projects in the fields of energy, and thereby to ensure timely and full information sharing.
- Collecting national and international regulations, judicial decisions and other written and visual documents in the field of energy, and to publish in Turkish and foreign languages on these subjects and contribute to such works.
- Notifying the University personnel and students about domestic and international activities in the field and encouraging participation in these activities.
- Creating relationships and collaborating with domestic and international institutions and organizations that are influential in relevant fields, and with national and international research, implementation and education institutions, institutes and the like in foreign countries.
- Preparing an environment conducive to the exchange of information between industry and the University.
- Encouraging the spread of an entrepreneurial and innovative approach in the energy sector by organizing various activities and competitions.
- To encourage patent and license applications through the evaluation of research project outcomes and the claiming of intellectual rights.
- Guiding entrepreneurs and innovators from inside and outside of the University by creating an incubation center where opportunity to turn ideas into business can be found, and providing support by functioning as a technology transfer office at the commercialization stage of these projects and patents.
- Establishing archives, library, audiovisual and other information and implementation facilities in the research areas, following national and international publications in the field and ensuring their purchase for the Center.
- When necessary, creating temporary or permanent commissions and work groups to conduct research, surveys and similar work in the field of energy.
- Providing legal consultancy and expert witness services in accordance with Higher Education regulations.
- Conducting other activity in line with the objectives of the Center.